About the WV Ethics Commission
The Commission consists of nine members appointed by the Governor. The Commission generally meets on the first Thursday of each month. The Commission is supported by a staff of seven.
Primary Functions of the Ethics Commission
- Investigate, initiate, process and adjudicate Complaints of potential violations of the Ethics Act.
- Draft and issue formal Advisory Opinions regarding the Ethics Act and the Open Governmental Meetings Act.
- Administer the registration and reporting of lobbyists and publish an annual directory of lobbyists.
- Process Financial Disclosure Statements for candidates and other public servants who are required to file.
- Respond to inquiries from the media and the public regarding lobbyist registration, Financial Disclosure Statements and the general interpretation of the Ethics Act.
- Interpret the Open Governmental Meetings Act
Commission meetings are normally held at 10:00 a.m. the first Thursday of each month.
If they have business to conduct, Committees of the Commission meet on the same date on which Commission meetings are held.
The meetings are open to the public. Agendas are available the Friday prior to each meeting.
Meetings are held at:
210 Brooks St.
Third Floor Conference Room
Charleston WV 25301
(304) 558-0664 or toll-free in WV (866) 558-0664